Monday, October 31, 2011

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified


Problem: You have created web application and using telerik controls. Its working fine at your local environment and even at staging. But when you deployed the application on server it throws error "Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

And suppose ,You have another application on the same server using Telerik controls and it's working fine. But the new application is not.

Solution: After the project fails in runtime this means that your web site is not referencing properly the Telerik.Web.UI.dll assembly. First check the version of dll and then Check if Telerik.Web.UI.dll assembly is located in the bin folder of your web site. If deployed in GAC check your web.config file for a reference of Telerik.Web.UI.dll within the <assemblies> tag.

3 comments:

  1. Perfect solution to my problem. Although I have never before needed this solution, I was struggling with this error for 3 days until I came upon your thread.

    Fixed my problem right away!
    Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. It helped me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried all the way for the same problem, still getting same error, Can you help me on the same...

    ReplyDelete